Skip to main content

AYEKOOTO: The Journey I Will Not Embark On Again (NYSC dreams)

SERIES A

(Dairy of a Final Year Student of The Osun State Polytechnic IREE)


By: Abidoye Thomas Ayobami

It’s final year- and I think have finally got the hang of this whole school things for awhile. You know what time you have to be at the library if you actually want a decent seat , you know which lectures are safe to miss (according to some of my friends, all of them), and you know the ins and outs of most of the buildings (apart from Motion Ground and Rectors Office), because you still can’t work out how to actually leave when the lecturer tells you to all leave from the back). You’re feeling pretty cool and confident about the whole thing.

Until i walk into my second semester of the last session in OSPOLY campus, and i realise- this will be my last first semester of the Polytechnic. Education. It should be noted that Until you start reflecting on your boring days with your pals, only to realise that this was likely to be the last ever full school memories that you will ever have.

This is final year, as in what-the-hell-do-I-do-after-this year. And once you come to that realisation, everything starts to hit home.

Because up until now, there’s always been some sort of plan. You leave school to go to primary . And you leave secondary school to go to Polytechnic. But what next? After a life of education with a relatively straightforward path, the prospect can be daunting, and we realise that adulthood, and real adulthood not the student fake adulthood that we’ve all loved living in for so long, is actually coming up pretty soon.

My greatest and only piece of advice is a sentence I’m sure we’re all only too familiar with and have heard countless times over the years from one relative or another, but nevertheless, it doesn’t make it any less true; *enjoy it while it lasts*.

Don’t panic about the future; it will come, one way or another. You can do everything that you possibly can to be prepared for it, but sometimes plans don’t always fall together the way that we intend them too. We might get our dream job straight away, or we might find something to put us on for a bit until we work out exactly what we dreams or tends to achieve.

Class 2021 HND2 Mass Communication will remain in my heart forever love you guys, SAMPACK I owe you a lot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Wept After Reading This Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy

... _Very Thought Provoking_ This was a fifteen year old boy.... He was caught stealing bread from a store. On trying to escape from the hold of the guard, a shelf of the store was also broken. *The judge heard the crime and asked the boy, “Did you really steal something, a loaf of bread and cheese?”* The boy responded by looking down.;- “Yes.” Judge: - “Why?” Boy: - “I needed it.” Judge: - “Couldn't you have bought?” Boy: - “There was no money.” Judge: - “Take it from the family.” Boy: - “There is only a mother in the house. Sick and unemployed, Bread and Cheese were also stolen for the same.” Judge: - “You don't do anything?” Boy: - “Used to wash a car. When I took a day off to take care of my mother, I was fired.” Judge: - “Don’t you ask someone for help?” Boy: - “Had left the house since morning, went to about fifty (50) people, but no help; so, I decided to take this step at the very end.” When the arguments ended, the judge began to pronounce the verdict; ... “the theft a...

Rape: A Silent Epidemic

By; Okunola Promise                   The term rape originated from the Latin word, rapere (supine stem raptum), "to snatch, to grab, to carry off.  Rape was initially considered a crime only in terms of the property violation of another man.  For instance, ancient Hebrew women who were raped were considered defiled, and stoned to death. The first case of rape was the case of a young girl called Mathura, Mathura was a young orphan tribal girl living with one of her two brithers. The incident is suspected to have taken place on 26th March 1972, she was between 14 and 16years old at that time and the case was an incident of custodial rape in India on 26th March 1972.                      Rape , according to Merriam-Webster dictionary is an unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out by force or under threat of injury against a persons will or with a person ...

Choose What You Fight.

Naijefate Blog .. I once met a very successful business woman and I asked her to share her secret with me.  She smiled and said to me..  I started succeeding when I started leaving small fights for small fighters.  I stopped fighting those who gossiped about me... I stopped fighting over unnecessary issues with my spouse... I stopped fighting for attention... I stopped fighting to meet up with public expectation... I left such fights for those who have nothing else to fight... “And I started fighting for my vision, my dreams, my ideas and my destiny. Then I started winning big". That was the day I gave up on small fights. Some fights are not worth your time. Fight to make your visions and dreams come alive! Fight the good fight of faith!  Fight for your destiny not for your ego! Entrepreneurs shouldn’t have time for unnecessary fights! Visionaries don’t cluster their mind with nonsense bickering! Always ask, what is this fight adding to my destiny, my goal, my progre...