Skip to main content

Why Readers Are Leaders

 

  

By: Ayobami Abidoye

History would not forget Enigma Richardson Ajayi of Osun State Polytechnic ire who have been trying to change the narrative of reading culture. Believe me readers can never fail, Enigma Reading Club still remain the biggest reading club so far in the history of ospoly.


Wouldn't it be great if everything we needed to know to be successful was written down somewhere for us? Well, it is. Virtually everything we need to learn to help ensure our success has already been written and is available in books.


You have probably heard the phrase, "readers are leaders," quite often. The reason is because it's true. Readers are leaders because they understand that knowledge is the key to success and reading books is a great source of that knowledge. Leaders read books because they know this is one of the best ways to learn things they don't know and to reinforce the things that they do know.


In fact, the only way a book can't help you is if you don't open it. Opening a book is like opening a window on a world of knowledge. And the pursuit of that knowledge should be never-ending so that your personal and professional growth never stops. In today's fast-paced world, the need to disseminate information and determine what is important is critical. That's why access to good books that cover appropriate subjects and that are written in a fast-paced, easy-to-read format are critical so your organization can access the benefits immediately.

                        

People don't read one book and become motivated for life.


Take something as important as motivation, for example. It's not a one-time event. People don't read one book and become motivated for life. Most successful people believe that reading and practicing motivation, like sleeping and eating, needs to be an everyday event. That's why leaders of organizations throughout the world make sure to get powerful books into the hands of their associates on a consistent basis.


 This creates the ultimate win-win situation. As the leader of the organization you can choose the books you want distributed. It also allows all your associates to read the same book at the same time, which facilitates group discussion. And having access to books on a variety of topics - you can win,the magic of thinking big, goal setting, time management, sales training, spirituality, network-marketing ideas, building referrals, motivation and others - provides diverse information to your or

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Wept After Reading This Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy

... _Very Thought Provoking_ This was a fifteen year old boy.... He was caught stealing bread from a store. On trying to escape from the hold of the guard, a shelf of the store was also broken. *The judge heard the crime and asked the boy, “Did you really steal something, a loaf of bread and cheese?”* The boy responded by looking down.;- “Yes.” Judge: - “Why?” Boy: - “I needed it.” Judge: - “Couldn't you have bought?” Boy: - “There was no money.” Judge: - “Take it from the family.” Boy: - “There is only a mother in the house. Sick and unemployed, Bread and Cheese were also stolen for the same.” Judge: - “You don't do anything?” Boy: - “Used to wash a car. When I took a day off to take care of my mother, I was fired.” Judge: - “Don’t you ask someone for help?” Boy: - “Had left the house since morning, went to about fifty (50) people, but no help; so, I decided to take this step at the very end.” When the arguments ended, the judge began to pronounce the verdict; ... “the theft a...

Rape: A Silent Epidemic

By; Okunola Promise                   The term rape originated from the Latin word, rapere (supine stem raptum), "to snatch, to grab, to carry off.  Rape was initially considered a crime only in terms of the property violation of another man.  For instance, ancient Hebrew women who were raped were considered defiled, and stoned to death. The first case of rape was the case of a young girl called Mathura, Mathura was a young orphan tribal girl living with one of her two brithers. The incident is suspected to have taken place on 26th March 1972, she was between 14 and 16years old at that time and the case was an incident of custodial rape in India on 26th March 1972.                      Rape , according to Merriam-Webster dictionary is an unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out by force or under threat of injury against a persons will or with a person ...

Choose What You Fight.

Naijefate Blog .. I once met a very successful business woman and I asked her to share her secret with me.  She smiled and said to me..  I started succeeding when I started leaving small fights for small fighters.  I stopped fighting those who gossiped about me... I stopped fighting over unnecessary issues with my spouse... I stopped fighting for attention... I stopped fighting to meet up with public expectation... I left such fights for those who have nothing else to fight... “And I started fighting for my vision, my dreams, my ideas and my destiny. Then I started winning big". That was the day I gave up on small fights. Some fights are not worth your time. Fight to make your visions and dreams come alive! Fight the good fight of faith!  Fight for your destiny not for your ego! Entrepreneurs shouldn’t have time for unnecessary fights! Visionaries don’t cluster their mind with nonsense bickering! Always ask, what is this fight adding to my destiny, my goal, my progre...