Skip to main content

Mixed Reactions over Shola Subair Romantic Scene with Lord Thespian


 

Budding actress, Shola Subair, aka Sholly Cutie, got mixed reactions when she took to Instagram to post a video of her kissing actor, Ibrahim Chatta, in a swimming pool while the latter fondled her. She later stated that the clip was from a romantic scene in her yet-to-be-released movie.

In an interview with Sunday Scoop, the actress stated that some fans of Chatta threatened her for ‘going that far’ with him. She said, “I have been getting mixed reactions from fans since the clip from the pool scene went viral. Some sent me messages, expressing how disappointed they were in me because they felt the scene was too intimate. Some alleged that I am dating Chatta, who is my boss. Some fans even threatened me, asking me to stay away from the actor, who they have a crush on. However, others gave me accolades for acting the scene well because it looked so real.”

Subair also stated that she was not bothered by the criticisms because people were ‘bound to have negative perceptions about someone in the limelight’. She added, “It is normal for people to have a wrong perception about one. When one becomes a celebrity, people would spread rumours about one. That is one of the baggage that comes along with being a public figure. People tend to say so many untrue things about one. It is not a big deal.”

 Recalling how she started her career, she said, “I started acting right from the university when I was studying Theatre Arts. I have done several stage performances and other TV series. I was invited by one of the directors in the Yoruba movie industry, Samson Adebayo, for a role in a movie. But, I declined many times. It took me several years before I eventually agreed to join the industry.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Wept After Reading This Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy

... _Very Thought Provoking_ This was a fifteen year old boy.... He was caught stealing bread from a store. On trying to escape from the hold of the guard, a shelf of the store was also broken. *The judge heard the crime and asked the boy, “Did you really steal something, a loaf of bread and cheese?”* The boy responded by looking down.;- “Yes.” Judge: - “Why?” Boy: - “I needed it.” Judge: - “Couldn't you have bought?” Boy: - “There was no money.” Judge: - “Take it from the family.” Boy: - “There is only a mother in the house. Sick and unemployed, Bread and Cheese were also stolen for the same.” Judge: - “You don't do anything?” Boy: - “Used to wash a car. When I took a day off to take care of my mother, I was fired.” Judge: - “Don’t you ask someone for help?” Boy: - “Had left the house since morning, went to about fifty (50) people, but no help; so, I decided to take this step at the very end.” When the arguments ended, the judge began to pronounce the verdict; ... “the theft a...

Rape: A Silent Epidemic

By; Okunola Promise                   The term rape originated from the Latin word, rapere (supine stem raptum), "to snatch, to grab, to carry off.  Rape was initially considered a crime only in terms of the property violation of another man.  For instance, ancient Hebrew women who were raped were considered defiled, and stoned to death. The first case of rape was the case of a young girl called Mathura, Mathura was a young orphan tribal girl living with one of her two brithers. The incident is suspected to have taken place on 26th March 1972, she was between 14 and 16years old at that time and the case was an incident of custodial rape in India on 26th March 1972.                      Rape , according to Merriam-Webster dictionary is an unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out by force or under threat of injury against a persons will or with a person ...

Choose What You Fight.

Naijefate Blog .. I once met a very successful business woman and I asked her to share her secret with me.  She smiled and said to me..  I started succeeding when I started leaving small fights for small fighters.  I stopped fighting those who gossiped about me... I stopped fighting over unnecessary issues with my spouse... I stopped fighting for attention... I stopped fighting to meet up with public expectation... I left such fights for those who have nothing else to fight... “And I started fighting for my vision, my dreams, my ideas and my destiny. Then I started winning big". That was the day I gave up on small fights. Some fights are not worth your time. Fight to make your visions and dreams come alive! Fight the good fight of faith!  Fight for your destiny not for your ego! Entrepreneurs shouldn’t have time for unnecessary fights! Visionaries don’t cluster their mind with nonsense bickering! Always ask, what is this fight adding to my destiny, my goal, my progre...