Skip to main content

The Attorney General of The Planet (1)


By: Abidoye Ayobami



The journey has started. People are ready and alert to learn about the "Attorney General of the Planet.” I take a bow and extend my unreserved recognition to the source and the elders. The journey will be filled with drama and will awaken your conscience with truth. The bomb is going to explode while the judges prepare the case file. The iconic scenario is now set to unveil 'oga patapata,' meaning the main act of the show.

It’s a public disgrace to grow without a career, ambitions, focus, mission, and dreams. I ask you, "Why do you live?” When the words "Advanced World" hit me, I will begin to cry like an eight-month-old child looking for breast milk. Perhaps that will heal my emotions at this point in time.

Lo and behold! It was just a stressful night for me, dancing like a happy antelope "eworo.” The opportunity to explore the biggest city has arrived. I think Lagos is not part of the zoo where we reside today. "Enu mi ago" means my mouth dares not speak ill. Permit me to translate my words as they suit my drama. I dare not go against the will of the Oracle and speak ill of the land. With just a few minutes left to catch my flight, "Oko elero merindinlogun" means an eighteen-passenger bus going from Ejigbo to Lagos. You might wonder why I call this bus a flight. "Oko ya ju ese lo" means the car is faster than a flight (not legs this time around; the liberty to choose meaning to my expression is mine today).

The journey begins as I approach a bus with tinted windows. It felt like people were expecting me as the last person to fill the vacant seat. I drop my locally made bag (a rice sack) where my clothes are packed. As the bus moves, I begin to measure my happiness with a thermometer. It reached a level where the temperature read 99° out of 100°. "Bi e ba gun esin ninu mi, e le kose," meaning if you climb a horse in my stomach, you can't get injured.

Five hours later, from every side, I could see we had reached Lagos. Oh my God, this place looks like the USA—very beautiful with different flower gardens. The woman beside me laughed. I thought I was talking to myself silently. How did this woman notice what I was saying? "Suberu, where do you want to drop?" another voice asked. Since my name is not "Suberu," I just kept silent and looked like someone who knows the way.

Almost everyone had alighted before we reached the final car park. Unnoticed, someone had whisked away my rice sack (I will not expose myself again to tell you the meaning). The contact number of the person I was going to meet was written on a paper inside that bag. Now I understand why they call me 'suberu,' meaning someone who does not perceive what is happening around him or her at the right time. I wept bitterly.

To be continued...

Comments

Breaking

Jamb Releases Ospoly NYSC Senate List

The Senate list for the mobilization of the Osun Polytechnic Iree Student have been released by JAMB in the early hours of today. Candidates can now proceed to NYSC portal to check their names It would be recalled that the management has earlier reiterate their commitment to ensure all students who have enroll for their jamb regularization and registration for NYSC  were mobilize without delay RE:  The Management of Osun State Polytechnic Iree has declared that it has not delayed its final year students in their mobilisation for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) as erroneously published by an online blog, captioned "JAMB: OSPOLY students may experience NYSC delay".  A statement by the Institution's Registrar, Mr Busari Salawu stated that "the Institution  did not delay the mobilisation of the  graduating students of the Institution in any form." Mr. Salawu added that "the final year results of the graduating students had been approved and  released by

OSPOLYDECIDES2021: DammyGold,Bengee; I Know The Winner

  #OSPOLYDECIDES: Ospoly Student Politics By: Ayobami Abidoye Me: Hmmm, the search has begun in ospoly SuGs,  What battled me most is how will ospolites vote for the competent leaders. Mate: AYOBAMI 'kinni show' every aspirant were already shaking the table, it's only during election like this every aspirant become professor, masters every beat of English grammar to convince electorate. Student Union Governments were established in various institutions of higher learning to promote unity, orderliness and smooth relationship between students, school authorities and the state or Federal Government. It is unfortunate that most SUGs in Nigerian Polytechnics do not know the key objectives for which they were established.  This is why some student governments see the freedom they enjoy as an opportunity to cause mayhem and anarchy in their institutions. It is true that there are legitimate issues  of poor service and maladministration for which students should feel genuinely aggr

{VIDEO} Captivating Moment When OSPOLY SUG CUP Winner Took To Street For Celebration

 By: Abidoye Thomas Ayobami The Osun State Polytechnic, Iree computer science department have been declared on Friday as the winner for the Student Union Government Cup football tournament for 2020/2021 session have sending their opponent Banking and Finance back to second position with 2:0. Enthusiasm were read in the face of all Nacossite chanting and singing songs of praise for breaking the record having featured in the SUG CUP for three consecutives time and won the cup for the first time in history.  The entire Faculty of Information and Communications Student were also sighted jubilating to celebrate their counterpart, the former SUG PRO Oyeniyi Timleyin also attend to witness the Final.

No NYSC Delay for OSPOLY Students- Management

The Management of Osun State Polytechnic Iree has declared that it has not delayed its final year students in their mobilisation for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) as erroneously published by an online blog, captioned "JAMB: OSPOLY students may experience NYSC delay".  A statement by the Institution's Registrar, Mr Busari Salawu stated that "the Institution  did not delay the mobilisation of the  graduating students of the Institution in any form." Mr. Salawu added that "the final year results of the graduating students had been approved and  released by the school authorities." He explained that "all qualified students who had fully regularized their studentship on the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) website with the new JAMB guidelines would be mobilized by the Institution." He asserted that all hands are on deck for any student who had duly registered with JAMB to be mobilized. "The issue of mobilisation is  be